Monday, January 12, 2015

Training!

You know that feeling you get when you don't quite feel ready for a change but Heavenly Father does and then all of a sudden you are taking over your area and training a brand new missionary? ... yeah. That is the biggest news of the week. I got a phone call from our mission president and he told me that he had been on his knees in prayer and felt that I was ready to train this transfer. I'll be heading down to Frankfurt on Wednesday and then pick up my golden and head back up to Herne on Thursday. I have to be honest though- aside from the fact that I am scared to death, and nervous and not feeling ready- I AM SOO EXCITED! I just keep thinking back to 4 months ago when I got to Germany and how different everything was and how ready I was to work. In this mission we call new missionaries 'Goldens' and if you have one in your district you've got special 'Golden Power' There will be two Goldons in Herne, since Elder Stout will be training as well. Pretty much it is going to be awesome.

Sister Williams and I are enjoying our last week together- we have had a lot of goodbye appointments and a lot of planning and getting ready for this next transfer. We met with Cicero Joseph our Brazilian investigator and that was such an amazing experience. It was one of the best lessons that I have ever had actually. We taught the 1st lesson, because last time we talked about the plan of salvation. The amazing part was that despite the language barrier he really understood almost everything we taught. As we spoke with him our words became clear- I know that the holy ghost was testifying through our lips. Sister Williams bore testimony of the book of mormon and how the church has helped her life and right there in that small bakery in germany tears fell down her face and mine too as I told Cicero that I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God to restore his church on the earth today. He looked at us and his own eyes glistening said that he could feel the holy spirit. We read with him Moroni 10:3-5 and he read it 3 or 4 times over... and then put his hand on the book of mormon and said- "Das ist die Warheit" "this is the truth" I could have jumped up and down for joy right then! And then to top it all off he asked us that because of the priesthood being restored if that would mean he would need to get baptised again! and we were both like YES!!! haha :D Oh my goodness! Hopefully the next time we meet we can get a baptismal date!

I was on cloud nine, and I knew the spirit was with us. Because whenever we have the spirit with us, there are always multiple miracles. On the Strassenbahn home I sat next to this lady from Russia and we started talking and I told her that I was a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! I said I would be able to bring her a book of mormon in russian... annd *drumroll* she said yes, and gave me her number and address!!! And that was just one day this week!

I have been thinking a lot about how to train this transfer. I want to make sure she feels comfortable- like for example giving her a heads up that almost every morning the shower sporadically decides to spray water from Antarctica...  But aside from that point I want her to get excited and see success but mostly learn to rely on Heavenly Father. I am so humbled that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to train a new missionary even though I am also really fresh on my mission. I have so much love for these people and I know that with faith Heavenly Father will help us work miracles!
Liebe Grüße
Sister Shurts

from the scribbled notes of a sister missioanay

City Hall in Herne

Sis. Williams and me int he freezing rain

My hair is long enough for a pony tail!!

Happy in Herne!

Some random dude that we talked to on the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment