Sunday, July 20, 2014

Called to Serve

Almost 12 years ago a resolute 8 year old girl made the decision to be just like her Aunt Kami and serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Today I am getting ready to serve in the exact same mission that she did all those years ago! I’ll be leaving to serve in the Frankfurt Germany Mission on August 27th 2014 and words can hardly express my excitement. It is almost surreal that in 39 days I am going to report to the England Missionary Training Centre. I’ll be spending 2 weeks in the MTC where I’ll be learning the lessons with all the native German Speakers… (wish me luck!) But growing up in a bilingual (German/English) home will hopefully help me pick the grammar and phrases quickly. Although I am having a lot of fun planning all the small logistics: passport, materials, clothes ;) I love the way that I am truly learning about the foundation of the Gospel. I am finding out that the best way to learn is to teach as I immerse myself in the scriptures and handbooks; I am preparing, not only physically but spiritually to enter the Mission Field and be the best missionary that I can be.


From the scribbled notes of a pre-sister Missionary <3


No comments:

Post a Comment