Monday, September 14, 2015

Sisters, I'm now a member of the true church of Christ

Dear friends and family :) 
This was one of the most memorable weeks of my mission. Can I just take a moment and tell you all that after one year on a mission I still have no idea what I am doing here! Haha seriously, I think with each passing month I realize that I am less and less in control and that Heavenly Father was in control the whole time :) 
Before someone is baptized they are interviewed by another missionary, to see if they have truly repented and are ready and willing to make that binding promise with God. So Friday night was when this interview was scheduled, but Patrick was late... Like three hours late, which is ok, because the man doing the interview was late as well... But Patrick was like somewhere lost in the city and when it is later in the evening the buses and trams don't run nearly as often so we had to run all the way into the city to find him, and then once we found him we ran all the way back- sister Bunderson decided that it was a good 3 miles!! I just smiled as we were running though- like these are the moments we will remember forever. Patrick was so nervous and excited he just said, "sisters I just want to get baptized!!!"
And then the big day was on Saturday! It was such a great day :) Patrick showed up and got in his white outfit. He was just shining- I wish that I could write more but, I am running out of time :) 
I just know that I am here in Heidelberg for a reason. Patrick was baptized and came up out of the water smiling and laughing and thanking everybody. He came up to me all smiling and said, "Sisters I'm now a member of the true church of Christ!" He said that this was the best decision he ever made... And it reminded me that going on a mission was the best decision that I ever made as well :) 
Love you all

More stories coming next week!









No comments:

Post a Comment