Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekly Update

Dear Everyone!!
This week has been a blur of amazingness... if that is a word... not really sure. :) 
But we saw quite a few miracles this week. I think one of my favorite moments this week was in Walldorf. We went by on someone that I had met a couple months ago- and they ended up being home and the whole family was interested in hearing more about the gospel!!!! :):) 
seriously it was a little miracle. 
I didn't get to write last week but we had our mini missionary- which was an absolute blast. Sister Fragapane is such a sweet heart. We were able to do so much together and able to enjoy the spirit of missionary work. In all honesty it reminded me a little bit about how I was at the beginning of my mission. I think it is important to try and hold the wonder that we have of new things. Whether it is a new experience or a new truth or anything. And also to be reminded that compared to God we are all beginners. We all have a long way to go and a lot to learn. 
This week we worked a lot with Eric. Eric is a man from Nigeria that we have been teaching. He is such a cool man! He has a baptismal date for the 6th of December! which I am very excited about. He has a great love for God- and understands Gods great role in his life. He was a refugee from a war torn country and experienced a lot during his flight across the Sahara and the Mediterranean- but he knows in whom he has trusted. A lot of people in Germany are shaken because of what happened in Paris. And as we speak with people that is often a topic that comes up. Sometimes it is hard to understand why certain things happen. Why people hurt, why there is war or disease or hate. And I am still pondering the question quite a bit. I don't know the answer. But I know that God knows the answer- and it all comes down to trust. To trust that we are truly all in Gods hands. 
I love you all

Sister Shurts


No comments:

Post a Comment