Monday, November 2, 2015

Great Week!

Dear friends and family,
This week was full of some wonderful adventures. First off we had transfers this week, which means that we have a lot of new sisters in our area that we get to know better. We went to the Mannheim appartment to split- and in our spontaneous way... sister bunderson and I decided to dye our hair red. So we bought some dye.... and did the whole thing... and then comes the worst disapointment of our lives!!! our hair came out the exact same color!!!!! bahahaha 
I am super excited. Now we have sister petite, sister sister Nilsson, sister Helmick! (Again! She headed up to Herne, and now she in Mannheim, and I am still here as her sister training leader!!!) I think it will be way good to start working with these sisters more.
We have a mini missionary now! Which is epic! A mini missionary, is a youth who stays with the missionaries for a whole week, to experience
missionary life.  Basically it means that there are miracles wait it's happen. Stay tuned for next week.  She's the best! Sister fragapane
will be with us till next Saturday, experiencing every part of missionary life!! Last night we got some free food from our favorite
Turkish kiosk man. And on Saturday we were out in the city, and we met this lady on the street whose father is in a home right now, and may pass away soon. We stopped in a cafe and taught her the plan of salvation. Sometimes I think about things I will be able to do when I go home- but at moments like this I remember that I will only be able to experience moments like this once in my life. I guess I'll be able to sleep in later. 

One of my favorite people here in Heidelberg is Frau Kocher. I have worked with her for the past 3 months now- on and off because she has been in the hospital. She loves the gospel and wants to get baptized as soon as she is able. However because of physical illness she has not been able to. I just found out this week that the doctors want to put her into a temporary 2 week sleep coma. I am praying and fasting that everything goes well. It would be heartbreaking if something happened to her. She is one of those people who are just easy to love. Her family needs prayers. 
With that in mind, I read this quote on my wall, that my mother sent me, from President Henry B. Eyring, "In the hardest trials, as long as you have the power to pray, you canask a loving God: “Please let me serve, this day. It doesn’t matter to me how few things I may be able to do. Just let me know what I can do. I will obey this day. I know that I can, with Thy help.” 
That has been my motto, and I want it to continue to be my motto for as long as I can! I would encourage you all to ask the lord as well, "Please let me serve this day."

Love you all

Sister Shurts!

a REAL hobbit hole!






Our mini-missionary companion


Horst Klemm and Michaela (Horst is a friend of the family)

Fun with our mini-missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment