Monday, December 7, 2015

From Heidelberg to Friedrichsdorf

So, I have been officially transferred to a new area. I am going to Friedrichsdorf. Which is just north of Frankfurt. I will be right next door to the temple, sadly it is under construction right now, but it
will be special to still be close by. It is going to be hard to say goodbye to Heidelberg this week. And
hard to say goodbye to sister Bunderson. I can't believe that I have been here for over 7 months! and on my mission for 15!!! (GAHHH!!) Wow, time has really flown by. I think back on all the people that I have met and all the miracles that I have seen. I think about Frau kocher, and her good heart, and Patrick- with his soap opera life story (he is doing well in his new city btw) and about special cute old ladies that we visited each week, and all the sisters that we went on splits with.  And yesterday I was able to be a part of another miracle. Ericsson, one of our investigators was baptized yesterday!!! :) 
Wow- where to even begin with him. He is a refugee from Nigeria, he has been in Germany for about 5 months. His story is amazing. He traveled from his war torn country in Nigeria and made his way through the Sahara Desert with other refugees. He saw his friends suffering and as he took a boat across the Mediterranean and was a survivor although many of his friends lost their lives. As he came to Europe he knew that God has saved his life- and he wanted to find him. He was raised Muslim but learned about Christ in Europe. As we met with him the first time he said- He would go wherever the truth is. As we have taught him these last couple weeks he has made a lot of progress. It has been amazing to watch him grow. I will be perfectly honest at first when we met him I was less than excited to meet with him. Something about him just annoyed me- However learning about more about his life, and praying to understand him more has helped me grow to love him. He is a great young man. My favorite thing is every time we leave- he says, "Sisters, I wish you a very blessfull evening." Wow- he is just the coolest. 

I am soo sad to leave heidelberg- but it has been a lot of fun here- while it has lasted. I am excited to go to my next area and see what sort of adventures await me there. 

Talk to you all next week!!!! 
with love

Sister Shurts



Ericsson's Baptism:





Saying Goodbye to Heidelberg











No comments:

Post a Comment