Monday, January 11, 2016

Hello again!

Well hello everyone, this is me sister shurts. Wow! It has been a while since I've written a weekly... I would apologize, but I'm not really that sorry sooooo.... Yeah. :) life has been an interesting roller coaster of transition for me... I am actually still trying to decide how much I am going to write in this letter. Meh! We'll see what happens!
Anyways, my life. So I am in Friedrichsdorf now, and I am about a 6 minute walk away from the temple which is awesome.... Except that it is closed for renovation. But hey that is cool, I'm not bitter- ;) actually a lot of people ask us questions about what kind of construction is going on- and that opens a lot of doors to sharing the gospel.
My companions name is sister Meyer. She is awesome- from California and this is her second area on her mission. We have already had quite a few adventures together, which include but are not limited to...
Getting stuck in a tram underground in Frankfurt, being invited to an African over 21 party, ugly dancing in the apartment, opening Christmas presents, and burning countless meals... Yep. Life is a party.

We have had a lot of miracles happen though as we have served together this month. One of the biggest of those is that we have been teaching some of the most amazing people. 3-4 men from Iran. Who came here to Germany for religious freedom, who are look for God, and have found him through the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :) they have their baptism scheduled on the 23rd of January! I am so excited for them. I am also learning a little bit of Persian on the side!
Other cool thing that happened,  So we take trains trams and busses everywhere in Germany... and they fall out a lot. Like it is ridiculous... And except for zone leaders no one has a car... So it is pretty easy to get stranded at a train station for a solid 2 hours.
Anyways... During one of these incidents we decided to go out and door a neighborhood near by, and my whole mission I have had a silly little  tick of knocking on yellow houses.  Even if it is super inconvenient, haha my companions love me ;) but it has to be a certain shade of yellow. Anyways... I saw this yellow house and I was like, oh yes! So we knocked... Nothing happened, started to walk away, then someone called out- and this German lady invited us in, and then her husband walked in! And then her daughter. and they are all super interested in learning about the gospel! :)


Anyways! Hope you all have a good week. I would appreciate your prayers :) Love Sister Shurts







No comments:

Post a Comment