Monday, January 25, 2016

Little Miracles

Well.... this week, :) where to begin?
I think I'll just cut to the chase and tell you all about our amazing investigators. 
So we are teaching 4 men from Iran who are here as refugees in a camp. They are learning the language and the gospel at the same time. I am amazed at their willingness and excitement to learn about Jesus Christ. It is dangerous for them but they have such a strong desire they are basically teaching themselves. We have been juggling lessons and translators for the past 4 weeks. And this week they are going to be baptized. 
I am really excited. It is a miracle and blessing that I did not expect. These men, have such strong faith. They are teaching me more than I am teaching them. When we taught about the laws and commandments they accepted them without hesitation. saying that if God says it is important they will follow. Their testimony of the book of mormon and Joseph Smith and Jesus Christ grows more each day.
But I think for me one of the biggest miracles is the kindness and love that the German members show them. They have been welcomed with open arms in our congregation. They have been invited over to homes, offered rides home from church, been given meals, people have been teaching them german. Seriously... I brings me to tears when I think of all the selfless love and charity that people here are showing these refugees. Of course there are always those who oppose it. But on the most part they are doing their best to follow christs example and serve the homeless, hungry, naked. 

I am excited to tell you all about the baptism next week. 
all my love

Sister Shurts

No comments:

Post a Comment