Monday, February 29, 2016

Over and Out. :)

Wow, this is a really weird feeling. I have been packing today and getting a lot of things ready to go. I wanted to share one last thought that I learned this morning as I was studying. I was reading in Luke 24:13-35, which is the story of the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. I was thinking a lot about their journey and how it can be a analogy for many of our "journey" For me it was my mission. I feel like I have been walking along this road and have been talking with a stranger and learning so much. And that I am just now realizing just how much I have felt the spirit and the peace from Jesus Christ. There are many many things that I have learned since leaving for my mission. Patience being probably like number one. ;) 
I was able to bear my testimony in church on Sunday and I think one of the things that struck me most as I was standing up there is just the beauty and simplicity of the gospel. We dont have to know every little detail or every little scripture- we should always keep studying and learning more, but sometimes we need to be like nephi and say, "I know that he loveth is children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things" (1 nephi 11:17)

It was so hard to say goodbye to Elias and Vahid and Mohammad, I have learned so much from them. I have been thinking a lot about all the different people that I have met on my mission and how it has impacted me and changed me. I would list them all but then I would start crying again... so I wont.  
Im done with my mission, and I have changed a lot- I am for sure not the same Michaela that left 18 months ago- But I am also not done learning and changing. Life is full of surprises and also full of beauty. I am so thankful for every moment, the tears and the laughter. Im glad that it is that way. 

Every day may not be good, But there is something good in every day. 

I love you all and I cant wait to see you soon!!
mit einem Herz voll Liebe

Sister Shurts! 




No comments:

Post a Comment