Monday, October 13, 2014

Happy About Cancelled Appointments?

So, the best news that happened this week was that someone canceled an appointmet on us! ... that may sound a bit odd- the best part was that it was because it was the sister of Marlies (who has been in a coma for 2 weeks now) called and canceled and said she was rushing to the hospital because Marlies had woken up!!!! :D We were soo happy the rest of the day I just couldn't help smiling all the time! Heavenly Father is really working little miracles everywhere!

We met with Wolfgang at Moo's this week (an adorable little bakery that is delicious) and talked with him about the plan of salvation and the book of mormon- he just ate up every word that we said, and he asked so many question and wanted things clarified and kept saying that it all made sense. I am so happy for him. We are praying about setting a baptisimal date with him in the november! That wasn't even the best part of the lesson- at the end of it he says to me and broken english, "Sister Shurts, you need a gooder back pack, und i have won here vit me" right after that he pulled out this little kiddy back pack with dolphins and "fans of the wild' written on it! BAHAHAHA and he was tottally serious, and made me take it! - to be completley honest i love it- and were it more acceptable i would wear it everywhere! He was able to come to church with us yesterday and I wore it then so that he could see that I was using it! He is really progressing quite a lot, he talked with all the ward members and loved listneing to the last session of conference with everybody!
I have been learning a lot about faith, but mostly the faith to know that if I do what I need to and remain worthy I will have the spirit with me. We have an single mom investigator from Ghana and she has been on and off coming to church for a couple years now. My companions felt like dropping her just because she hasn't made any progress- but there is somehting about her that told me- just wait a little bit. I have just been praying so hard for her all week, she has such a good spirit about her and such a good heart. We met with her today and I was able to bear testimony about the importance of the sacrament.  As we talked with her there was such a good feeling in the room. Even her crazy hyper active son was calm. We talked about the importance of taking the sacrament and the power it has after you are baptised and the power and strength we recieve once we have made those covenents with God. She started tearing up as we talked and said that it was something that she had always wanted and just had a hard time working toward. She is going to pray about a baptismal date and so are we!!! GAH!!!
The seasons are starting to turn here in germany- once we get out of the ghetto where our apartment is the area really is beautiful. I don't think I am quite as homesick because the weather is almost identical to that in Oregon. It is sporadically rainy and randomly sunny. The mornings are filled with fog and (aside from all the second hand smoke) it is nice. I have loved going to small little dorfs outside the city and meeting with people in their little cottages next to rolling green hills! Guys... i think i'm turning into a german! I love it here! I am so thankful for the opportunity to be in Wetzlar! -
I hope you all have a good week!
Love Sister Shurts


From the scribbled notes of a sister missionary










No comments:

Post a Comment