Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Let it Snow!


Oh the weather outside is frightful, but the work is soo delightful- and since we've got lots of places to go... Let it snow! let it snow! let it snow!!
It SNOWED!! :D This morning (for PDay) right after jogging in a winter wonderland (which was fun, except for the fact that I almost slipped like 4 times) Sister Williams and I grabbed our gloves and before it was even light outside built a huge snowman! (and a little baby one to match!) We are pretty darn awesome- aside from the fact that it got knocked down 3 hours latter… that awkward moment some little kid destroys your winter dreams…

This week was really something magical though- Christmas in Germany... one down, one more to go. We were invited over to members houses for Christmas eve or Heilige Abend and also Christmas day- it was so fun to see how the spirit of Christ was in each of their homes. We sat next to Christmas trees and sang songs about the birth of Christ and shared stories together. Although it was different than home, it was still special to see the celebration.

But I have to say that the climax was the 60 minutes that I was able to talk with my family. (just have to say you guys are the best) It was so fun to be able to talk with you and hear your voices. I was worried that I would get more homesick after skyping but the complete opposite happened- I just got more excited to do missionary work. Earlier in the year I was having a hard time, I would get distracted thinking about home all the time and missing you guys. But after praying for strength I began to realize that Heavenly Father would help me. I received the assurance that thinking about home would not be a distraction to me, but a strength. And seeing you all at Christmas confirmed that for me. It made me realize just how much the Gospel has blessed my family- it is because of Jesus Christ that we can be together forever, and that joy that I feel is something I simply can't keep to myself! Now whenever I look at our family picture instead of wanting to go home, I want to go outside and share this glad message with anyone who will hear! 

Liebe Gruße
Sister Shurts
From the scribbled notes of a sister missionary


Our matching Christmas sweaters

 the unfortunate amount of chocolate we have recieved for
sister williams birthday and christmas... because how horrible
would it be if we got too skinny! 

Christmas Dinner

Opening presents

Christmas Eve

Sister Williams and I have a fun little Christmas party

Christmas  day with the elders at familie bruhn!



Our Snowman...and child

Our snowman dies

Snow day


Christmas morning

No comments:

Post a Comment