Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The First Glimpse of Spring

SUUUNNN!!!

Today we hiked as a district to the top of a large hill that overlooked the Ruhr Gebiet, it was a beautiful view and reminded me a lot about why I am here. Sometimes I still can’t believe that I’m a missionary in Germany! Once we reached the top we all sat down and had a little spiritual thought about our purpose as missionaries. What stood out to me was that I choose to come here. It was my decision and I volunteered. This mission in a small sense is an analogy of our life on earth. We all chose to come down to earth to be tested and tried. Are we living up to the potential God sees in us? What great things does our heavenly father have in store for us if we live up to become who we were meant to be?

This has been quite a full week. I really hope that I don't get transferred out of Herne because I feel like there is so much potential here right now. Early this week we meet once again with Frau Kirch. This was our first actual appointment with her in her home. We sat and talked with her for a little bit and then began to teach her about the restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I don’t know who was being taught more in that lesson, her or me. J But whenever I learn something in a lesson we teach it tells me that the lesson went well because that means we had the spirit with us. As we were speaking to here I was once again amazed at the circumstances that had brought us together. Heavenly Father must really have something great in mind for her and for us.

This week we did a LOT of contacting… because that’s what you do when all your appointments fall out. It wasn’t bad though- it was a lot of fun, you know that feeling you get when you have this message about the coolest thing that has happened to humanity in the last 200 years that means that God has spoken to us and that we have new scripture and light and knowledge and basically the path to eternal life and you just have to tell everyone? Yeah… my week. Haha But as a result we got the information for some students from Albania and a couple ladies who live in Bochum! Seriously there is so much potential here right now!  

I love you all so much and I am so excited to be here in Germany at this time! 

Liebe Grüße
Sister Shurts


from the scribbled notes of a sister missionary



Pictures from our split this week, sister Heywood and me riding bikes in the morning for morgen sport!! love her!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment