Monday, March 2, 2015

Count Your Many Blessings

Dear wonderful everybody! :) My week has been crazy! It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs that is for sure. As I have thought back on this week and actually on the whole last 2 or 3 transfers I have noticed how almost every time we have a set- whether it is someone canceling an appointment or saying they don’t want to meet anymore, Heavenly Father waits for us to keep going and to show our faith… it’s almost as if he is just waiting for us to come to him and say, “Alright God, I don’t know what to do anymore, and I need your help” and then he sends down blessings that outweigh the disappointments by miles. This week we meet a family… let me rephrase.. THIS WEEK WE MET A FAMILY THAT LET US IN AND WANTS TO KNOW MORE AND THEN ASKED US IF WE COULD COME OVER TWO OR THREE TIMES A WEEK TO TEACH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHHH :D If any of you know my excited face- please picture it now… because it is pretty dang happy.

On top of that we found another new investigator- an Albanian man named Besmir who has already met with us 3 times this week! And he came to stake conference! It was supposed to start at 19:00 and at exactly 19 we got a call from him and he was all like, I am here! and we're like WHAT? WHERE? So we sprinted all the way back to the train station, and met him and then ran all the way back, and got there just barely in time to run up for the choir that we were in. haha I just remember laughing and turning around as we were running and thinking- wow, I love being a missionary- here in am in Dortmund, meeting a strange Albanian man at a train station and running down the street to get to a fire side that we are singing in so that he can feel the spirit and then get baptized... what a life.
I am praying and hoping that I will be able to teach them in a way that will touch their hearts; that they will come to recognize the Lord Jesus Christ as their savior. I just can’t express in words how much happiness this work gives me. It truly is the greatest work anyone can be involved in. Whether you are a missionary with a name tag or not- bringing people closer to Christ brings so much joy it is beyond comprehension.

Side note: This week I talked to a pirate. At least he looked like a pirate- I shall name him Captain Hook for convenience.
Anyways- I love you all and am so grateful for your prayers and support

Liebe Grüße
Sister Shurts

From the scribbled notes of a sister missionary

Such an awesome postcard

District all eating sushi together on our last P-day. All I had was some juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment