Tuesday, June 9, 2015

High Hopes for HeidelbergSister Jackson and I on a split

That moment your so busy doing missionary work you accidentally forget that you reached your halfway mark like 2 weeks ago! Probably because we were so busy trying to carry huge bookshelves home on trains and street cars all by ourselves! We have bruises on our arms... Love missionary life. On the plus side we were able to talk to a lot of people who were asking if they could help. Or because we set a BAPTISMAL DATE!!!!!!

Well dear all, this week has been amazing. Heavenly Father sure knows how to keep me on my toes. The best part of the week was on Tuesday.
We started meeting with a girl last week who was very interested in learning more about the church. Her name is Rahil and she just radiates her love of God. On Tuesday as we met with her we taught the message of the restoration of the gospel. She was amazed and told me that she knew that what we were teaching was true! Then after just knowing her for a week we committed her to be baptized at the end of this month. She was a little surprised but after a moment and with tears in her eyes she said yes.

I was also able to go on several splits this week, one of them with the amazing sister Helmick!! It was so fun to work with her. Being with her for 24 hours just proved what I already knew. She is an amazing missionary and has truly put her whole heart into this work. I love going on splits with these sisters. I have so much to learn from all of them.

I have thought a lot about desire and how we can create the desire to follow Christ. And the more I thought about it the more I realized that we cannot do it ourselves. That we need to rely on Christ to have that desire to do missionary work. We must ask him. I am so proud of my brother dallin for getting his mission call. You are gonna rock it in Brazil bro. :) All the best. I love you all


Sister shurts


Sister Jackson and I on a split

Sister Wahlquist poses while we try and fit new bookshelves into our apartment

Our Elders here in Heidelberg stop by for some icecream... punks

Sister Helmick and I get to go on a split together!!!

And happy birthday paps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment