Monday, June 29, 2015

Rain

Thunder storms, sunshine and rain
This week the weather was all over the place, we had sun and fog and thunder storms; but I have to admit my favorite was the rain.
Oregonian to the heart. Yesterday we went running along to river and halfway through it began to pour. We were both soaked through! And it was glorious-it reminded me of all those mornings going running with Kiana and mom, or all those cross country meets were we were drenched by the end of the race. There is something cleansing and beautiful about rain. It brings life and freshness and joy. Let's face it... Who doesn't enjoy jumping in puddles?
I needed that feeling this week. It has been a week full of sunshiny miracles but also distressing thunderstorms... Ending with cleansing rain.
As for the miracles... God showed me how to reach out to others even when I didn't really feel like doing that at all. He gave me words of comfort to speak to strangers on busses and on trains. He helped me to turn out and see others who were struggling. As for thunderstorms I guess that would just be me wanting to be home with my family for the funeral, and to share my love and support with them all. And to be able to be a part of hearing and sharing all the memories of my grandmother.
But like I said, it ended in cleansing rain. And that was today- today I felt the cleansing power of the atonement of Jesus Christ. He was there for me, He is there for me. Wherever we are in our lives He is there to lift us. It may be painful, and it may hurt. But I testify that it is always the right decision to turn to Him.

With love

Sister Shurts









No comments:

Post a Comment