Monday, July 13, 2015

Sunshine in Heidelberg

Sunshine in Heidelberg!!
So I like forgot to mention last week that the weather was over 100 degrees most of the week... I was a nasty gross sweating machine. But hey all I gotta say is I am so glad I don't have to pull a handcart in this weather!!

There were several cool things that happened this week. First off we had two zone trainings! One in Kaiserslautern and another one in Heidelberg! The theme of trainings was the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ on the earth today. I was able to speak at both of the trainings (which stressed me out) but it also gave me the opportunity to really think about what his message means to me personally. Who I am and what I believe stems from a question that a fourteen year old boy asked in 1823... And the miraculous answer that he received. :) as a sister training leader I am able to work with a lot of different sister missionaries, and this week we asked them all to do something- and I would like to extend the same invitation to you guys. To read and ponder the message of the restoration of the gospel and think about what it means to you personally.

This week... I found myself smiling at random moments, because of all the sweet tender mercies of the Lord. I met a cute girl on the street this week and was able to set up an appointment to meet with her...
Later this week when we showed up, she wasn't there, but her family was!! And they invited us in, and want to learn more- their faith in Jesus Christ was so strong, and their life story was amazing as well.
Hey are from Hungary and have lived all over the world. But throughout everything he one constant in there life has been Christ. We also had an appointment where we taught about the Book of Mormon in German, as it was translated in Spanish for a deaf woman from Peru. Can I just say... I love my mission :)

I hope you all have a fantastic week and enjoy summer!!
Sister shurts

From the scribbled notes of a sister missionary




Sister Williams and I at zone training... Love this girl :)

Sister wahlquist, the gublers elder Roberts and I set up for zone training :)





Momdays :) emailing at a cafe in Germany loooove

No comments:

Post a Comment