Monday, August 24, 2015

Best Street Contact EVER!

This morning sister Bunderson and I went on a jog to the grocery store and then hopped on a street car, let me rephrase, we hopped onto the wrong street car (you would think after 4 months here I would have figured it out) oh well haha we went shopping and then caught the next train home. :) this was one crazy week. Sister Bunderson and I helped plan two zone trainings and we had a split. It was all a lot of fun, but I would say exhausting as well. :) The coolest thing happened this week. Sister Bunderson and I were talking a lot about how to be more bold, and show more love for the people that we are teaching. We wanted to do something more to show Heavenly Father that we are willing to do our best. We both had the feeling to be more bold as we contact people, (since we are both kinda beat around the bush kind of people)

On Saturday as we were walking around the city talking to people we both saw a man sitting on a bench and went over to talk to him. We explained that we were missionaries for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and asked him if he would be interested in learning more about the hope that Christ brings us. He stared at us and then laughed and said, "who wouldn't want to learn more!" Haha so we just sat down right there and started talking to him. His name is Patrick and he is from Nigeria. And basically we are friends. The best part was when he opened up his arms and said, "preach to me, sisters" As we were teaching, he asked us if God forgives sins and we were able to teach him about the atonement and the gospel of Jesus Christ.  And what it means to be washed clean from sin. Then right there on that park bench I invited him to be baptized he thought about it for a while and then said yes. I felt so good, and I knew that the spirit of the lord was there.
We were ecstatic. We set the day for his baptism for the 18 of October and planned to meet up for church the next day. And oh my goodness he looooved church. And he called us last night to tell us that he had been reading in the Book of Mormon and that he had a bunch of questions and just how grateful he was that we had met each other.

This week I also gave Gisselle a call, she is still on vacation but has been able to share the Book of Mormon with her family and they are warming up to it quite a bit. The joy that this message brings is incomprehensible. Sister Bunderson and I were on cloud nine. I don't have much more time to tell about the rest of the week. But it was full of adventures :) we knocked on a lot of doors, our kitchen flooded again (dishes in the tub) , visited monice (my favorite black
man!) and basically loved every moment!!!

With love
Sister Shurts

 Dishes in the tuuuub




No comments:

Post a Comment